There is no escaping the addiction... Even moving thousands of miles away from the ocean will not extinguish that fire that silently smolders inside you. Once you have "that feeling", you will do anything it takes... The uncontrollable desire to feel the energy of water rush underneath your feet, becoming one with nature, harnessing its energy for your superfluous jollies. Well we found some junkies all the way out in Wyoming. On the rapids section of the Snake River, dubbed "The Lunch Counter", landlocked surfers get their fix by braving the freezing water, boulders, whirlpools, kayakers, little fish and whatever else floats in rivers... Just like an actual surfer, these "freshies" check the surf conditions of the river online by monitoring the water level.... 10,000 - 12,000 cubic feet per second is apparently the equivalent of a long period West/Southwest groundswell. The local boys are already pulling little airs and possibly making Salmon Sashimi with their fins during the spawn. Check out the video.
- ► 2011 (70)
- Stoked surfer attempts to High-five wave
- Canadian Surf Film Festival... really?... Yes, rea...
- Wave Sound Cloud - A Collection of Moving Pictures...
- Dreaming in Black & White - Hurrican Swell
- iLikeDisBike - Wrenchmonkees Yamaha SR500
- Kelly is King... again. Congrats on the WIN!!!
- Snake River Wranglers - Freshies... as in fresh-wa...
- Dreaming in Black & White - Tanya Chalkin Photogra...
- It's a girl!!! Newest member of the family... The ...
- Dreams - Step 4 + Dogtown = ?
- ▼ September (10)