Documenting life during the first attempt at restoring a vintage motorcycle.

Similar to the zen -like feeling that is realized through surfing,
motorcycle repair can elevate the mind to a meditative state that eludes time and space...
Meaning I obsess over it, get frustrated, yell, laugh at myself and overall waste a lot of time.


The Rebel

Disclaimer: Although having (heavily) sampled my fair share of the good juice, visited "Wine Country" and been practically raised on the stuff... I still know next to nothing about wine. Sure I'll pretend to appreciate the "subtle notes" of whateverthehellisinthis and admire the "finishes" of yeahsureIcantastethat. 97% of the time I buy a wine because it has some combination of either costing under $9 and/or having won some kind of wine award (which is usually proudly posted on its label) The other 3% would be based purely on label design (and of course costing under $9). The Rebel clearly falls under the .05% of my wine purchases, having cost a whopping $17.95, don't scoff, I got bills to pay. The label sold me, I didn't even check the price until I got home. Rad Cafe Racer, tasteful colors, font and of course the name. Yes, I'm a sucker for Marketing. Hey it's what I studied and happy to support a job well done. The winemakers, O'Shea Scarborough, are from Wahluke Slope...
"The Rebel Cab rumbles with juicy black cherry, currant, and black berry, adding a yin and yang of candy notes and bitter chocolate on the finish."

Whatever... it was damn good. Tasted like a $30 bottle, at half the price.

Justify FullIf you haven't finished your PhD in Geography yet and are wondering where the hell Wahluke Slope is... well here is a picture of it from Google Earth... looks like a bunch of radar screens. I guess it's in the Eastern part of Washington State, wherever that is.

No comments: