Alright, now I want you take a moment to sit and watch this incredible 6-minute short film about the other side of the surf world... The photographers. In this case, Mickey Smith. (By now this video has spread like wildfire all across the web... featured on every surf and photography site with any sense of style, beauty and appreciation of the amazing.) Be inspired.
This mind blowing, awe inspiring piece from renowned photographed, surfer and bodyboarder Mickey Smith explores his world of documenting wave riding and the dramatic seascapes of Ireland.
The whole process is supposed to take a whole day and promises to be an epic pain in the ass - First you have to rinse the tank with a degreaser several times and then toss a handful of wood screws in the tank and fill up with the included "Tank Prep A", shake like a Bond-style martini for several hours, loosening all the rust flakes etc... then an overnight bath in the etching/rinsing fluid, "Tank Prep B", which finely etches the metal to allow the coating to stick to the tank. Finally the Kreem. Just pour in the goop and slowly rotate to make sure the entire inside gets coated well, then let it dry for 30 hours. And that's it. Keep your fingers crossed I don't blow it. I can only imagine coating my intestines while accidentally grabbing the Kreem bottle sitting next to my beerverage.
"The Rebel Cab rumbles with juicy black cherry, currant, and black berry, adding a yin and yang of candy notes and bitter chocolate on the finish."
Whatever... it was damn good. Tasted like a $30 bottle, at half the price.
This amazing video gives us a glimpse into his work - "not merely building custom motorcycles -- but creating functional art by infusing his philosophy and aesthetic values into his sculpturally unique and rolling designs."
- ► 2011 (70)
- Dreaming in Black & White - Contrast
- Dark Side Of The Lens - The Silent Work Horses of ...
- The Battle Royale - Surfing vs. Motorcycling
- Old Kawasaki TV commercial - Rad!!!
- Pieces of the Pie - Gettin Kreemy
- On Any Sunday & The Endless Summer
- Billabong Pro Tahiti teaser - Hold on to your butt...
- Dreaming in Black & White - Triumphant Ballerina
- The Rebel
- Shinya Kimura - Art meets Machine
- Holy Sh*t This Site is RAD
- Pieces Of The Pie - My Wheels are Red and so is yo...
- ▼ August (12)