I finally picked up a new helmet_ Open-face, disco-dome with a Gold-Flake finish that would make Auric Goldfinger giddy. After 2 months of hopeless bidding on eBay for a vintage Fulmer, I decided I should just buy a new one... that looks vintage. Plus I take comfort in knowing that it won't be heavily lined with 30 years of some biker dude's head sweat, dandruff, generations of lice, bear grease, mustache oil and smelling like old fashion musk. I was shocked (well kinda) to see bids up to $400 for a few in good condition. Although I might get my jaw ripped off if I ever find myself body surfing the pavement; the old open-face, bubble-shield style helmets bring me back to an era that... well, I was never a part of, or even born in, but still feel like I have some kind of distant, stalker-ish relationship with. Plus my Pops had one exactly like it back in the day (when he actually wore a helmet).
- ► 2011 (70)
- I need a vacation...
- Age is Just a number... the number 82
- Where Motorcycles go when they die...
- New mellon saver - Goldfinger would be jealous
- Brazilian Kick-Flip "HiiiiiYAAAAAAH" - First in su...
- Underwater Base Jumping
- It starts tomorrow - The Beautiful Game _Guest Art...
- Pieces of The Pie - Gettin Weird with Wires
- The Bummer of Summer - Lake Pacific
- ▼ June (9)