Another Black & White of the rad ad campaign for Volcom's new Bikini line "Five Speed Fever". More motorcycles, bikini girls and laser guns. Viddy the short movie/ad if you haven't already.
I can remember my buddy Derek Dunfee, charging big waves since we were in little league. From slaying monsters at Mav's to Puerto to Easter Island, Derek is gnarly. Incredibly humble with balls of steel. My old friend and professional Frother, Surf Ambassador Hendo, wrote a great piece on Derek's soon to be released movie - Down With The Ship... documenting the 5-month journey from breaking his leg in two places at Cloudbreak to winning the Billabong XXL Monster Paddle-In Award - The most coveted title a big-wave surfer can receive in their lifetime. More to come when the movie is released. For now scope out Derek's website: www.derekdunfee.com and his big-wave conquests. Check back for an interview with Surfing's Ambassador to the world and "highly trained professional in the art of shralping, myrting, frothing, and foaming" Hendo.
Pictured here - Pops Ovanessoff drifting - circa 1972
- ► 2011 (70)
- Renoir digs it
- You can Ring My Bell - Rip Curl Pro 2010
- Pieces of the Pie - I got Magic Legs, etc...
- Some SurFart
- The Family Photo Vault - Part III
- Surf De Jour - LoversLand Noodles
- Dreaming in Black & White - Five Speed Fever (part...
- Pieces of the Pie - I have a screw loose
- Surf De Jour - Water & Oil - Rain Dazed _ Riley Bl...
- Nick Dewar - Key to Successful Living
- Down With The Ship - Derek Dunfee
- Dreaming in Black & White - Surf Bums _ Michael Dw...
- Family Jeans - The Photo Vault part II
- Pieces of the Pie - Carb Shark
- Surf De Jour - Dream Tour Begins & Taj Wins Quick ...
- Family Jeans - The Photo Vault
- Weakly Colorblind - Recreating an Era
- ▼ March (18)