The W800 looks a lot like the RE Classic 500 which in fact is a great compliment in itself. Anyway, for us vintage/classic fiends, a modern touch is usually welcome. Check out Kawasaki's official video for W800. Enjoy!
NOW GO SPEND THAT HARD EARNED CA$$$H
A FILM ABOUT LIVING... A FILM ABOUT TODAY... A FILM ABOUT NOW
Riley Blakeway is a young and super talented film maker (I've posted videos from him before). Chippa is just a ridiculous Aussie surfer with a pretty amazing rags to riches story. The preview looks amazing and on December 15, SurfingMagazine.com will be premiering the movie on their site (for free).
Friends, foes and film critics:
Where will you be on Wednesday, December 15th?
Fine. Grand. Superb. Cancel it.
Instead, on the 15th, join us at surfingmagazine.com for the online premiere of Chippa Wilson’s new profile flick, NOW, from Analog/Riley Blakeway.
This release marks the film debut of Chris “Chippa” Wilson, the New South Wales lad who traded his hard hat for a frequent flier card and the life of a jet-setting young surf star. Sped to renown by the web’s viral pathways, Chippa’s complete lifestyle makeover took a mere 18 months. He is a surf icon of the internet age.
Qantas courts him. Female hearts palpitate at his visage. Waves double over in his path for the honor of hosting Chippa’s trademark aerial steeze.
NOW will be available for free viewing in its entirety all day on Wednesday, December 15th, from 9:00 a.m. EST (for our East Coast friends) until 5:00 p.m. HST (for our Hawaiian ‘ohana). It can be seen nowhere but on surfingmagazine.com.
SURFING & Analog
This will (hopefully [knock on wood]) be the last time these pieces (of the Pie) ever see the light of day. Forever entombed in their steal sarcophagus, sealed with the ancient engraving of the sacred word "Kawasaki" upon it's surface. The first kick will awaken the beast within and the 90cc little monster will roar to life with a ground shaking rumble equivalent to the sound of 1,000 clapping monkeys.
words and photos from the web, Mike Newman from ESPN.com, surfline.com etc...
Our Logo is a badge of courage that inspires us the “live like Jay” – to go for it, live life to the fullest, challenge the boundaries, face our fears, and do it with friends…
The Eddie Contest also held their opening ceremony this weekend with surfing's A-List and Hawaii's elite. The waiting period has started, so hopefully La Nina will give us a break and show us some swell for the big-wave duals.
Photos from Surfline, Jeremiah Klein, etc...
Letter of the Week: Surfing Ruined My Life
“Surfing Ruined My Life.” That bumper sticker stopped in front of me at a red light. I think it meant surfing the activity, not the magazine, because you don’t ruin lives. You ruin study habits.
But surfing does ruin lives. My friend and I had a conversation about this the other day. If surfing were a girlfriend, it would be the worst nightmare succubus wench outside Fashion Island — the type born platinum blond straight onto a Stairmaster, hot and shallow as a frying pan. She’d wear faux-felt Juicy tracksuits and walk her tiny rodent canine to Starbucks at 10:00 a.m. on weekdays, when decent people are working.
She would sap our ambition and convince us to settle for flexible jobs, draw down our bank balance in outsize rent checks so we could live steps from the beach, shut us off from friends and family who’d quietly wish her next facelift would turn fatal, that needy, scheming, gold-digging bitch.
What are we giving up right now to be with surfing? It’s best not to think about it.
Here is a quick recap of what I have left. Hopefully I'll have it done just in time for Christmas. Yeah, yeah, I know that's a long time, but I honestly spend about 20 minutes a week at most on this thing, if that.
- Sand and finish the gas tank
- Repaint both side covers
- Paint the fork tubes
- Sand off the rust from all 4 turn signals
- Sand and repaint the frame
- Clean up the wheels
- Mount forks, shocks, fenders, tires and seat
- Add the clutch & brake levers and controls on the handlebars
- Mount the motor and exhaust/ muffler
- Wire the bike up (ignition, coil, battery, lights, horn, speedo)
- Cut the new chain
- Adjust the carb
- Make sure the oil pump works
- Some other minor things I can't think of...
Slater's statue joins the likes of other celebrities immortalized in bronze. Some of those include likenesses of Michael Jordan, Jim Thorpe, Bob Cousy, Magic Johnson, Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Dan Marino and even "Rocky." Slater said he's never seen those, but he occasionally pays homage to the Duke Kahanamoku statue in Waikiki by leaving a lei to honor "the father" of surfing.
Photos and quotes from various sources, including but not limited to surfline.com
The Vans Triple Threat bonus goes to the Men’s Vans Triple Crown Champ ($50,000), Women’s Triple Crown champ ($25,000), ASP Men’s World Champion ($50,000), winner of the Billabong Pipe Masters ($50,000). This $175, 000 Triple Threat bonus is in addition to the $875, 000 Triple Crown prize purse and totals a whopping $1 million dollar prize purse for the 2010 Vans Triple Crown of Surfing
- ► 2011 (70)
- Dreaming in Black & White - Hailey Clauson & The D...
- Bring back the Classics
- Pieces-Of-The-Pie And on the 8th day he said..."...
- Happy Freakin Holidays!
- British Customs - A video by TAR
- Pieces-Of-The-Pie _ Sneak Preview
- Jeremy Flores Wins Pipe - Parko Wins Triple Crown
- Dreaming in Black & White - Hailey Clauson & The D...
- Creative Destruction - Chapter 5
- Lay-day at Pipe Masters - Elsewhere Goes Off
- NOW: Web Premiere DEC 15
- Pieces-of-the-Pie _ A Final Look Inside
- Billbong Pipeline Masters - Begins Tomorrow!!!
- The Jay At Maverick's & The Eddie at Waimea Bay
- Dreaming in Black & White - Gisele Bundchen
- This one's for Mark Cunningham... Motor-Body-Surf
- "Surfing Ruined My Life" - A letter by some guy
- The BV Ramble - Tonight!
- Pieces-of-the-Pie - Some Major Progress
- Alana Qualifies - Women's Pro Surfing Octuples Fan...
- Kelly Gets Bronzed
- Donkeys & Dings - A surf film by RVCA
- Happiness is Warm BMW - Part III
- VANS Triple Crown of Surfing - HAS STARTED!!!
- Postcards from Paradise... well actually Stamps fr...
- Layback Larry Presents - Weekend at Larry's Art Sh...
- Dues X Brixton = Thursday night @ Thailia
- Andy Irons Memorial Paddle-Out in Huntington _ Su...
- Deus ex Machina - opens in Canggu, Bali
- ▼ December (17)